Sunday, January 6, 2008

My first WHFS upload - Mark B

WHFS
Dj - Mark B – WHFS
Date - Jan 1987 Approx 6:15PM to 7:00 PM
About 7 minutes of music prior to Killing Joke.
Killing Joke – Sanity
The request show phone not working -
Bob Geldof – Love Like a Rocket
The Cutting Crew – Don’t Look Back
77’s – The Lust the Flesh the Eyes and the Pride of Love
U2 – Still Haven’t Found what I’ve Looking For

Mark B recaps songs and reads ads
Tape continues with…

Ellen Foley – What's a Matter Baby?
Ian Hunter - Just another Night
David Bowie – Day in Day Out

Next song over 3 minutes
Don’t know the song but here are some lyrics…please help
Hard piano- drums and horns to start
The sixties, there was acid… the love was intense
The seventies I spent drinking…I can’t remember them
Now it’s the eighties…I’ve moved into space
I’ve been searching high and low drinking from the fountain of youth
Gotta have something more
My fingers are electric…
My round eyes filled with light
New darkness surround me
As the cold moon shatters the night
And so on…



Link to first WHFS upload - Jan 1987 DJ MarkB

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LJ7E7V00

Check out more WHFS tapes and the blog that got me started on this only two days ago. http://incaroads-wvkayaker.blogspot.com/2008/01/whfs-1023-fm-weasel-02-18-1983-600-900.html

6 comments:

Camarillo Brillo said...

I'll be the first one to download that "HFS tape!

Camarillo Brillo said...

This file still has issues

NaplesGC said...

Should be fixed now. Check it out.

Camarillo Brillo said...

It sounds great Naples!

Anonymous said...

haaaa maaaaaaa like woooooooowwwww id like to say it brings back memorys but like haaa haaa aaaa i dont have any memorys left after the 80s but dude i think i know your brother a did he cut lawns or some thing like that ok later dude

Paul said...

Of course, the file itself is now gone with Megaupload, but since I happened across this and can identify the missing song, it's "Superlove" from the A&M 1986 "The Suburbs" album by the Suburbs.

http://azlocal.blogspot.com/2008/01/suburbs-suburbs-1986.html