Thursday, January 24, 2008

More from WHFS w/awesome Concert Calendar

Original recording date - Saturday June 11, 1988
Dj -Bob
Run Time - 45 min approx.
Bit Rate - 320kb
File Size - 100 Mb

Lloyd Cole - My Bag
Way of the West - See you Shake
B-52s - Strobe Light
DEVO - Got Feelin’
Stranglers – Tank

Dj break Bob "Here"
Featured artist-The Church
The Church - Constantinople (cut off toward end)
The Lucy Show – Remain
Cowboy Mouth – Long Hot Ride
REM – Welcome to the Occupation
The Grapes of Wrath – O’ Lucky Man

Dj break/commercials

  • Kemp Mill Records “But honey-what about my needs -CD sale!”
  • Weasel promoting Tracey Chapman on Electra
  • Kemp Mill Records – “No need to decide between a BMW or having kids…w/CD prices this low
  • Live recording with Danny Gatton at the Birchmere promotion.
  • Awesome Concert Calendar with Meg! Incredible venues and bands.

Donovan - Tangarine Puppet (Supergirl)


ENJOY! Please leave comments on what you liked - your HFS stories, etc.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RQDCL3KA

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

two of my favorite 80s bands on this one: Cowboy Mouth and Way of the West. Thanks for your new site to back up Camarillo Brillo. Now those were the days.

NaplesGC said...

Ok, I checked and this tape has been downloaded the most but only one post. I'm listening to it now and realize it is a great memory from WHFS as well as having awesome tunes.

If anyone is out there that has downloaded this tape - please leave a comment.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting this up. I only remembered two or three of these - I don't know if it's just the station/show, but I didn't realize how similar in sound the songs from that era were(the mid 80s ones that is); twangy guitar, trebly drums, crisp and echoey. Perhaps the R.E.M/Mitch Easter/New South influence? Pretty good quality for a cassette tape off radio too - maybe due to the bitrate.

NaplesGC said...

Thanks for downloading and posting a comment. Also, thanks for mentioning Mitch Easter - I remember driving from TN to Myrtle Beach one year and I wore out my Let's Active tape. http://www.mitcheaster.com/

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! I found you again! (old computer crashed taking all bookmarks with it)
Bob "here" was my favorite DJ. He was also or still is a postman. Anyway for those of us lucky enough to have lived in the DC area these are like reunions with old friends. Thanks so much and keep it up.
By the way you can find Way of the West on iTunes if anyone's looking.

NaplesGC said...

Glad you are here again! Computer crashes are bummers. Bob "here" is great and I love Way of the West! I'll see about loading up some "lost" tapes from Camarillo Brillo site.