Sunday, January 20, 2008

More WHFS w/Neci doing the spinning

1/20/2008
WHFS 99.1 Tape 5
Tape title: WHFS 99.1
Date: Late 80s?
DJ/Show: Neci
Length: 46:45
Bit Rate: 320
File size: 107MB
File ext: MP3

Neci 1:30 AM on a Wednesday morning
Nice recording without interuption. The Tim Camp song, Superhero (I think) is great to hear. Tim is AKA Bootcamp, Slim Chance, Slim man and is alive and well over at MySpace.

Icehouse – Icehouse
Modern English – Life in the Gladhouse
Boom Crash Opera– Gap that Opened
Song introduced by Barry Andrews of Shriekback
Shriekback– Intoxication
Peter Murphy – Dragnet Drag
Timbuk 3 – Too Much Sex, Not Enough Affection
Oingo Boingo – Ain’t this the life
INXS – I Send the Message

Neci recapping songs played

Featured Artist – Local artists
Tim Camp – Superhero

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T7DH5QI7

9 comments:

Camarillo Brillo said...

Thanks for sharing Neci! I have far too few tapes from her. She always had a good show!
Thanks again!

Camarillo Brillo said...

Heard this one in the van coming home from a weekend in WV...Now I have lots of HFS as you know...this tape ranks up there with the best!
Thanks again for sharing!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just heard this while exercising today. Interesting. Nothing I had heard before. Wow, isn't this world great. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

an exercise in waxing nostalgic. truly wonderful. how i miss Neci and those days of my early teenage years when i would desperately try to tune into HFS from my childhood home just southwest of Philadelphia, PA! it may sound silly, but who might i have become had HFS not introduced me to this music. thank you so much for sharing all these great tunes and providing an auditory link to memories of my past.

Camarillo Brillo said...

It is awesome ain't it?

NaplesGC said...

Southwest of Philly, cool. If HFS never made the move to the Twin Towers, you would never have heard them.

Glad you were able to revisit your past. I posted this on another one of my posts -

"Now a visit from Janet! What could be better? Well, just the fact that I have helped some re-live fond memories of an era past, an era that held the beginning of many futures - it's satisfaction enough."

Naples, GC
PS. Hey wvkayaker - thanks for sticking around!

Camarillo Brillo said...

Not a problem naples...I monitor these comments. never know whow will show up!

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to give a BIG thanks to everyone who has contributed to the WHFS uploads. I started listening when Progressive 99 hit the airwaves and was guilty of taking it all for granted until the much hated 1/12/05 fiasco. I know hfs became much more commercialized in the later years but IMO still remained the ONLY alternative to truly lousy radio.Its sad that WHFS couldn't have celebrated in the same way WMMR/Philly did this year but being lobotomized and cannibalized by corporations over the years took its toll.I remain hopeful that once again HFS may...evolve...

Camarillo Brillo said...

Don't get your hopes up. Just download hours and hours of 'HFS here and my blog be happy you can get at all...