Saturday, April 17, 2010

Supposed to be cleaning gararge..

So, it's Saturday and since I had a "guys" weekend last week; MMA fight party Friday night, golfing Saturday and Sunday a 2 1/2 hour drive to St. Pete for the Festival of Speed, this weekend was for my wife. Well, I'll get to it, but while she's out getting her haircut, I'm listening to the Jeff Collection Tape 10 Side A. =-) We do have an elliptical exercise bike in our foyer in a box that needs assembling...this post may be quick without music recap. You'll know if this post ends abruptly that she's home.

Tape 10 Side A
This tape has some nice music recaps with track information plus concert information. These DJ's were masterful, not just vinyl spinners. Always great to hear who's in town. Can someone tell the date again by hearing the concert information? Wow, Martha and the Muffins at the Georgetown Penguin Feather in person. I wish I went to more of these types of in person showings. So, Martha and Simple Minds in concert at the Ontario this Monday night.

Hey, finally Weasel on a Jeff tape. He's only reading a WHFS poster ad, but hey, it's Weasel!

Tape 10 Side B

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Side A:
1.The Jam-London
2.Nona Hendryx - Run for Cover
3.Simple Minds - 30 Frames a Second
4.The Chameleons - Here Today
5.The Cure - The Drowning Man
6.Talking Heads-Psycho Killer
7.Falco - Auf Der Flugt
8.Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five - Scorpio
9.Mandrill-Yucca Jump
10.Klaus Nom-Lightning Strikes
11. The Eurythmics-This is the House
Jeff M.

Anonymous said...

Side B:
1.The Eurythmics-This is the House
2.Clara Mondshine-Die Drachentrummler
3.Peter Bauman-This Day
4.Grosse Freiheit-Perushka ???? can anyone help with this one???
5.Tom Tom Club-Under The Boardwalk
6.Marianne Faithful-Blue Millionaire
7.Pete Shelley-If You Ask Me (I Won't Say No)
8. Love and Rockets???? Can anyone help me with this one?
9. Ultravox-Slow Motion
10.Gary Numan and the Tubeway Army-Praying to the Aliens

Unknown said...

Thanks to the weather forecast and the upcoming Simple Minds appearance at the Ontario, we can date this broadcast to April 29, 1983!

Camarillo Brillo said...

As always Uncle Jim is the MAN!!!

And so is Jeff and naples for sharing!

Looks good!

Let's Find H-Man A Wife said...

I want to visit with the two Martha's and tell them that Echo Beach is one super song. "My job is very boring, I'm an office clerk.

Unknown said...

Side B, track 4: Grosse Freiheit - Piroschka (from "Die Moschusfunktion")

Side B, track 8: The (Hypthetical) Prophets - I Like Lead.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Jim!!! is there anything you don't know???!!! WOW!!! Thank you for deciphering that Grosse Freiheit song!!! I thought it was, "Hier Oskar"....Anyway, can you take a stab at the unknown songs of Tape 5, side B????!!!!
Thank you!!!
Jeff M.

Unknown said...

Ah, it's all about research. I'm a librarian, and that's something I know how to do!

Anonymous said...

Nice site. Somewhere I have Weasel doing the entire party weekend set with "Party Christmas" tacked on at the end as it was that time of year when I recorded it.

Anonymous said...

Here is a song I always wanted to find. It had lyrics that said (I believe) "Walking, we got more talking to do. But talking, we got more walking to do. Me and the girls have got a lot walk talkin' to do." Anyone have an idea?

harleybret said...

The Lyrics you're looking for come from Men and Volts who did the song "Me and the Girls" from their 1983 "Hootersville" album. I have the album and it was one of the reason's I gave at the time for not buying a CD player, as no one would ever make a CD of such a unique band! (I have since relented and own a CD player).

In mix tapes I made I would pair "Me and the Girls" with NRBQ's "Me and the Boys"

Anonymous said...

Harleybret... Thank You! I just checked back on here to see if anyone had ever responded. I had written on my tape "Men And Vaults" as that was how it seemed to be pronounced by the DJ on the original tape I had. Now I gotta find a better copy of the song than my 2nd generation FM to cassette that I have.