Friday, May 14, 2010

Let's guess the playlist!

Let's play "Let's guess the playlist!"

In my busy life, our four month old baby, work, photography, trips to Disney, etc. I've decided to not hold back these tapes just b/c I don't have time to listen to them and writeup a playlist. From the looks of the thread on the other post while I was in Disney, you all seem to have fun naming the songs and providing that information to others. These tapes were maybe a year or two before my main listening years, although I was def listening in 82-83, just not paying as much attention in the years post high school '83 -'89.

Here is tape 9 both sides A and B. I haven't listened to these since I ripped them and I probably didn't listen to the whole tape.

Let's get some feedback on these tapes.



As always, please come back and leave comments.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Best guess: recorded Friday May 6, 1983. Bob and Dave are the DJs

Anonymous said...

Glenn!!! Thanks for posting!!! I will have a crack at it...

Anonymous said...

side a
1. ?????
2. The Bangles "I'm in Line"
3. ????
4. Holly and the Italians "Miles Away"
5. Lou Reed????
6.UB40 "Tyler"
7.Haircut 100 "Love Plus One"
8.Michael Jackson "PYT (Pretty Young Thing)"
9.????
10. Robert Palmer "You Are In My System"
Jeff M.

Anonymous said...

side b
1. Tears for Fears "Mad World"
2. Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft "Verlieb Dich In Mich"
3. David Bowie "Modern Love"
4. The Chameleons "In Shreds"
5. U2 "New Years Day"
6. Oingo Boingo "Violent Love"
7. Madness "My Girl"
8. The Flirts "Jukebox"
9. Devo "Big Mess"
10. B-52's "Give Me Back My Man"
11. Gang Of Four "We Live As We Dream Alone"
12. Pete Shelley "Millions of People"

Jeff M.

NaplesGC said...

Thanks Jeff! Now, I totally remember looking up this tape, I mean, listening to the songs then going online for the artist and song title. I remember Googling Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft "Verlieb Dich In Mich" and hoping Google would understand my hack job of the name - it did!

Anyway, heading to Disney again for three days this afternoon. Be blessed everyone!

And what was up with 'HFS playing "Pretty Young Thing"?

anita said...

I've decided to not hold back these tapes just b/c I don't have time to listen to them and writeup a playlist.

Camarillo Brillo said...

Thanks Jeff and Uncle Jim! Fine stuff here!
And as always...thanks Glenn for the hard work and dedication!

Anonymous said...

Can you please upload the 91Rock tapes?

Station has been shutdown and sold to the local public radio station

Trying to nix the sale

Look up save wrvu on Facebook

Consider joining the fight!