Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Early morning mixup

Thanks It's Uncle Jim and Jugdish for figuring out that the Tape 7 Side A with NR was actually Tape 5 Side B. Now to hunt for the B side of Tape 7! So - b/c of the mix up and the great comments yesterday, I decided to stay up this morning with my dog after his early morning let out and feeding and upload another tape, at least one side - I think (I know) I found a great one. Anything starting out with a two song set from New Order has to be a great tape.

Jeff - these tapes date to the beginning of me really listening to WHFS and having an understanding what I was listening to. Thanks buddy for sharing!

For those of you like me with "the 80's" running through there veins, check out this site - http://www.inthe80s.com/

Tape probably from June 1983
So, here we have Jeff collection Tape 12 Side A - perhaps one of my favorites as I listen more carfully when I post, rather than when I rip - many times I leave the tape deck and the computer to do it's thing and come back later to edit the tape on the computer.

Jeff Collection Tape 12 Side A
Starts off in the middle of Temptation

New Order - Temptation
New Order - Blue Monday
This tape has the first known "pause bump" I've heard on the Jeff Collection tapes.
It's not bad but it cuts into a "Rock against Reagan" tour commercial. Hey Jeff - did you realize back then you were taking a stand against those against Reagan by pausing the tape? Ha! It goes into Ring of Fire by Wall of Voodoo and continues with an awesome WHFS set - so, not so bad.
Wall of Voodoo - Ring of Fire
Rubber Rodeo - Slipping Away
Fun Boy Three - Murder She Said
XTC - Sergeant Rock (Is going to help me)
Made for TV - So Afraid of the Russians
OMD - This is Helena
Susan recapping the music
"The National Aquarium - Come touch us now" (listen close to her quick one syllable comment after reading this commercial)
DAF - (Deutsch-Amerikanische Freundschaft)
New Order - Age of Consent

Come back for side B tomorrow

As always, please come back and leave comments.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey GC! I the dj for the Aquarium is Susan. Thanks for posting more!! This is so great!!! and they sound better than expected!!! you are a master tape ripper!!!and no, I would never disrespect Pres. Reagan, that was some sort of fluke!!!
Take care!!!
Jeff_M

NaplesGC said...

Jeff! I'm having a blast going through these tapes! Thanks for helping out with the DJ's. I realize I actually listened most to WHFS from 1985-1989 and know most of those DJ's. I'll keep trying to post one a day or so.

Camarillo Brillo said...

yep...you are the master tape ripper! Thanks for the efforts!