Sunday, June 13, 2010

3 months later - almost to the day

...and the chapter ends as it began, with hope, anticipation, joy, memories and any other adjective you and think of to insert personally. On March 12, 2010 I received 14 WHFS tapes from Jeff in Va. Since that time, I have a friend in Jeff and the world has 28 sides of incredible historic memories from the one and only, WHFS. It seems longer than 90 + days ago that I received the package I was waiting for; it took Jeff some time to find a box large enough for the 14 tapes plus I think a trip to South America was planned. So, as you all were waiting for the tapes to be uploaded, for awhile, I was waiting for them to be delivered.

Let's all take this time to thank Jeff for saving these tapes all these years, trusting an Internet shadow with his possession. I am proud to have served him well, as well as hopefully doing justice to the recordings, now safe and sound on the Internet. As you may have recently been made aware of over at Camarillo Brillo; links, websites, subscriptions, servers, etc. are all fallible; so while you can, download, download and download. The more these recordings are preserved on hard drives, iPods, iPads, CDs, flash drives, DVDs, etc. the better we will be and the history of WHFS can be restored and replayed for generations to come.

Okay, a bit deep for some recordings off the radio, but hey, that's why we are here.


Enjoy the last of the Jeff M collection here (Tape 6 side A) and here (Tape 6 Side B) Tape six side b has a new link as of 08.06.10

As always, please return here to leave comments.

Signing off for now...but not for good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Glenn!!!
side b doesn't download for some reason!!! I'm going crazy here!!!!

NaplesGC said...

Stats show 9 downloads so far for side B and only 4 for side A - I'm downloading now and it seems to be working.

Are you trying Tape 6?

NaplesGC said...

Looks like you got it! It's a great tape - enjoy!

Camarillo Brillo said...

It's been a fun ride getting these WHFS Tapes out in the cyber world hasn't it? I cherish your work, enthusiasm, and I hope everyone else appreciates your work, and thanks AGAIN to Jeff too!

Camarillo Brillo said...

Hey Glenn,
I have tried 1/2 dozwn times to download side 2...hangs at 38%...
Anyway you can reload it and send a new link? I really need to hears the 2nd half of Milo's show...
Thanks!!!!

NaplesGC said...

Camarillo! Thanks for those kind words and thanks for starting me on this hobby! Is it Tape 6 Side B you are having a hard time with? Here's the new direct link -http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IUKVLF6I. I've just downloaded it and then uploaded it again and had to delete the old link since Megaupload saw it as the same even with a different file name. I show the tape with the original link has been downloaded 17 times.

Phil said...

Tape 6 is from 102.3. The DJ is Milo. These tapes cover about 6-8pm. REM is expected in the studio later in the evening. The day is Saturday and the month is March (side B about 44 min in).