Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Solid 99.1 WHFS tape

Gooff Tape 4 Side A
Some static is present at times on this tape.

Starts off with -
Little Feat - Dixie chicken and tripe face boogie from Waiting for Columbus
Katrina and the Waves – Mexico

Music recap with Bob “Here”

Classic Kemp Mill Records commercials – “Both Rockville locations…$4.99!”
WHFS summer t-shirt ($10)

Love Shack – The Knitters
Carl Perkins – Matchbox
Stray Cats – Did Dirty Doggy
Robert Gordon - Red Cadillac and a Black Moustache
Beat Farmers – Reason to Believe
Lonnie Mack – If You Wanna Know

Music recap with Bob “Here”
A commercial promotion for John Prine with Seldom Scene at Wolftrap.

Billy Bragg – It Says Here
Guitar instrumental - Star Spangled Banner (Hendrix?)

Tape is approx. 105MB, 46 minutes and MP3@320kb


Look here

Please - if you download, leave a comment and after listening to it a review of the tape would be great as well. Don't forget to head over to my WHFS great music forums (This forum has been removed b/c the simpleforums.net went bye bye. =-( Stayed tuned for another forum site)

6 comments:

Let's Find H-Man A Wife said...

it will probably hit my IPOD before I listen so I'll say thank you prior to that...thanks

Unknown said...

Gosh it's been a month since we had new WHFS here! May we have some more, please?

Susan said...

Greetings WHFS Lovers -
Imagine my surprise to see all these recordings available now! Thank you so much for keeping the spirit of WHFS alive. It was a special time and place, that many still recall around the world. I still programme & sequence music, though now I am a yoga teacher in Europe...who'd a thought! I hope to have some old airchecks available soon...including my first show recorded in 1980 at 102.1 - I was 18 at the time...time flies.

NaplesGC said...

So glad you reconnected with us here at the WHFS blog. You and the other WHFS djs of the day have left a mark that will not disapear and now continues on.

I'd love for you to digitally send me those air checks for me to post on my blog.

Welcome again Susan.

Camarillo Brillo said...

Yeah Susan so would I!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. I'll be downloading more soon, I'm sure!