Tuesday, June 16, 2009

10 new classic WHFS tapes just arrived!

My first venture into receiving tapes from others that recorded WHFS back in the day. Thanks to Geoff in VA for sending along what he had from what appears to be the late 70's to early 80's. So far I've listened to two tapes, one with no air-checks and the other with Damian spinning an awesome blues set. Once I'm back from vacation I'll start the process of converting the tapes, looking for air-checks, loading clips as well as some whole tapes.

I'm now putting a call to all that have vintage recordings of WHFS to contact me so we can start a dialog to get me the tapes for inclusion on the site. Contact at naplesgc@gmail.com or leave a comment - that works too.

7 comments:

Let's Find H-Man A Wife said...

sent a ton of them to the Camarillo Brillo site a good 9 months ago. Great radio back then....Good luck on your venture.

NaplesGC said...

Great, I'm sure I've downloaded some of them. Camarillo is awesome, he got me started on my blog.

Camarillo Brillo said...

Yeah..Bill...you are THE MAN! Looking forward to downloading these Naples!

Camarillo Brillo said...

Just wanted you guys watching to know i received 50 tapes from DaveB on N Va yesterday...posting now!

Unknown said...

Been hanging on since June ... hope those tapes will be posted toot sweet!

NaplesGC said...

Just finished rearanging my home office to accomodate more recording. Just pulled the first 45 min set from the oven and will post in a day or so. Thanks for sticking around.

Redhawk said...

I have an old Certron cassette of Amazing Rythm Aces live at the Bayou that was broadcast on HFS. The cassette plastic is broken (it still plays) but the sound quality is very poor. It is a great show and I would be happy to share it, and even happier if someone had a better copy.