Monday, February 4, 2008

Wow, what a game! Giants Win 17-14

As you might imagine, I'm a Redskin fan, so, who was I rooting for? I would have loved to see history, but, I really just don't like Tom Brady and do like Eli and the Manning family. The Giants defense won this game shutting down the Patriots when it was the Giants offense making mistakes that almost cost them the game. What a great last drive to win the game! How did Eli escape the rush and how did 85 catch that ball?

Well, I'm sitting here listening to another HFS tape I found. This afternoon I was clearing a closet to make room for the Christmas villages (yes, those are just coming down) and found a box full of tapes. Now, this is not a house that I lived in for the past 30 years, no, I've moved all my tapes and albums from MD to FL then moved three times while in FL. So, it's not like I found some old box, but I did think I was down to what I had already unearthed. Looks like this box included some Orioles, WHFS, DC101, Rock Over London, store bought cassettes and some sales tapes from when I worked at Sears in Montgomery Village. Anyway, the find was only about 3-4 usable tapes.

As I said, I'm listening to a few of them now and will see what I have then start recording. Here's a sneak peak - Commander Coty, Dave Edmunds, The Leroy Brothers The Nighthawks, Switchblade and Music View Minute with Kraftwork. Can someone tell me when they aired the segment Music View Minute?

Another start of a work week. It comes so quick. I'm traveling Wednesday- Friday on business so there will probably be no uploads until next weekend. =-( Hope all had a great weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a fantastic game. The fourth quarter was an amazing performance from Manning. Any chance of those Orioles tapes being uploaded any time soon? They would be great for road trips

NaplesGC said...

Thanks Scott for the comment. It seems as though I just needed that little push to start my O's blog.
http://vintageorioles.blogspot.com/

I'll start recording and upload what I can.

Thanks again
PS. I'm listening to Chuck Thompson now and remember those chills I was talking about, well...

LaGringuita said...

Oh PLEASE post something from the early 80's or even 70's if you have any. The earlier, the better, and Weasel was my #1 absolute favorite. I lost all my tapes from my favorite time period, the mid to late 70's. I listened to Weasel (and Damien) as early as 1970 or 71. But my serious memories are from the mid to late 70's listening to Weasel every single night. Anybody have anything from that time?

NaplesGC said...

Being only 42, the mid 70's is a push for me to have. For me, the early 80's are my best memories and thankfully, I have every tape I ever recorded. All I can say is, I'm sorry for your loss, because it truly is.

Don't forget to go to http://incaroads-wvkayaker.blogspot.com/ for great WHFS historical recordings.