Friday, June 3, 2011

More than a year later...

...I have received more WHFS goodies - thanks "Lefty", you know who you are. These were sent to me already dubbed onto CD so I ripped them to the computer today, the day I got them and now will start the posting process.

"Lefty" has done a super job documenting the songs and artists along with the DJ spinning the tunes. Let's give it up for "Lefty" as he's put a lot of work into these few tapes as well as documenting the entire Jeff M collection - stay tuned for that.

Of the two CD's I received today, one is labeled 1987 and the other is 1983 - 1990 odds. The latter contains about 15 minutes of 5 short sets including 7 minutes of Party Weekend while the 1987 CD includes two sides, one 31:28 and the other a solid 43:50 minutes featuring 12 songs from Billy Bragg, the Bo Deans to The Smiths and Violet Femmes. This is going in my car tomorrow without a doubt!

Check out the next post for the first of this set- Party Weekend from 1990.

Enjoy!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having me here, GC, and for feeding my long-dormant HFS addiction. I'm happy to help others with my small contribution. And yes, that 1987 tape is real good, I used to carry that one in the car for many years myself!

-Lefty

Anonymous said...

Hey GC!!! How's it going? You said Lefty was going to document all my collection (Jeff M)? That would be so excellent!!! Thank you Lefty!! And as always thank you GC!!!

Eric said...

Since Megaupload is dead, is there any chance of getting these posted again?

Thanks for the tapes!