Monday, February 18, 2013

WHFS station break with Susan and a Dash-in Dan commercial

From late 1986 or early 1987. Susan starts out great then has a hard time remembering who stars in the movie Something Wild. A classic Dash-in Dan commercial (Dash-in Food Stores). Love the recap set. Radio like never before and never again.


So you may be here and see the other posts and wonder where all the music and clips went. Well, the hosting site was stormed and taken down so all the links are gone. The clips were stored on a site, eclips which seems to be dead, don't try to click on them. This blog was my passion for a while and had a good stream of visitors. Over a two year period I was able to obtain many vintage tape recordings of classic WHFS. I've digitized most them, leaving the tapes with mostly music and few dj's. It's funny to me, while WHFS played awesome music without walls, I love to hear the DJ's identify the music and banter with the thousands of listeners through the airwaves.

Most of what I'll start posting, through up-links to You Tube, will be DJ station breaks, music recaps, period commercials and concert calendars.

So, even with all I have going on, my family, a busy photography schedule and my day job, I'll attempt to upload some clips when I can. My photo site is www.gchristopherphotos.com, check it out.

Feel free to leave a comment here or better yet on the 80's, 90's DC scene music Facebook page.

2 comments:

jugdish said...

Welcome Back! Can you suggest how to export this out to a mp3 file? Thanks again for posting.

NaplesGC said...

Hey jugdish! Lots of what I'm going to post is what was posted already but the links are dead but maybe cut up into smaller clips. Send me an email and I'll set you up.