Saturday, June 28, 2008

WHFS mid 80's?

May be one of the best sets ever for the time.

Tape starts off with King Crimson’s Elephant Talk
*Elvis Costello – Pump it Up
*The Comateens– Get off my case
*Godly and Cream – Joeys Camel
King Crimson - Elephant Talk
Kraftwork - Pocket Calculator
The Tom Tom Club - Wording Rappinghood
*Not on tape

Janet Recap of songs played
Classic commercial:
Poseurs of Georgetown -34th & M St commercial with a Billy Idol listening party (Yes I misspelled Poseurs on the tape. To hard to fix. =-)


Tape cut
The Zombies - It’s the Time of the Season
Two unknown songs –

Tape cut
- My Heartbeats

Lyrics of another unknown song – UPDATE: 06.30.08 - Thanks to 6for2 to letting providing the information on the above song. It's from the same band that did Da Da Da... Trio and Error. Thanks again. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trio_(band)

A helpful friend oh what a friend
I look at him with thanks
He reaches deep into his coat
What has he in his hand?

Bumpbump
The doorbells rings
And I don’t know
Who outside may be
A high heeled shoe
A naked lady
Does she come to me

Bumpbump
Here they go again
It’s a heartbeat…

A satellite was out of sight
Radioactive though,
Quite alright when it was high
But now it’s very low


If anyone knows the group that sang the Bumpbump song, please leave a comment. Can anyone date this recording? I’m thinking around 1983-84. 06.30.08 - Thanks to 6for2 to letting providing the information on the above song. It's from the same band that did Da Da Da... Trio and Error. Thanks again. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trio_(band)

This tape I’d say wasn’t uploaded after recording it to the computer because of the quality and being all cut up on the second half of the tape. I think it’s worth it for the Billy Idol listening party spot along with the first three songs make a cool set.

http://www.thislinkisforeverdead.com
Please leave your comments as that's what makes all this worth it.

5 comments:

6for2 said...

The song you asked about is "Boom Boom", by Trio. It was originally on an album called "Trio and Error".

NaplesGC said...

Wow, thanks! I'm going to check that out online. I see it's the same group that produced Da Da Da. Cool.

6for2 said...

The whole album is great. Well worth the cost.

Anonymous said...

gosh, I thought your site was abandoned. Good for you. Thanks for more great tunes.

NaplesGC said...

Yeah, I resurfaced with a little time on my hand and some un uploaded recordings. Check out my widget with a Weasel commercial. I'm going to post some snipits so they can be listed to without downloading.

Enjoy...